Our healthy hair growth tips can help you reach those lengths you dream of. Healthy hair growth has many benefits, including helping to reduce breakage and making your locks look their best. With our tips, you’ll have the knowledge to give your locks the best possible chance to grow.
What Does it Mean for Hair Growth to be Healthy?
Many people seek ways to make their hair grow faster, but focusing on growing healthy hair should be your priority. Healthy hair growth refers to the quality of the hair your follicles are growing. Hair is made of proteins, and requires a multitude of vitamins and nutrients to grow efficiently. When your hair has all the nourishment it needs it will look shiny, feel strong, and ultimately be less prone to hair breakage. We all want gorgeous locks, and following the best tips for healthy hair growth could help you achieve this.
6 Easy Tips for Promoting Healthy Hair Growth
Whilst many people are looking for a way to grow their hair inches overnight, there is no magic formula. However, there are steps and tips for healthy hair growth that can aid your follicles in growing the best quality hair possible.
- Having a balanced diet - ensure your hair follicles are getting the nutrients they need to thrive. This can help stimulate hair growth.
- Regular trims - sometimes it may appear as though our hair is not growing, when in reality it is. By removing dead ends, your hair is less likely to snap and so you may see more apparent growth.
- Stimulate your scalp - a tip for healthy hair growth is to try massaging your scalp to stimulate blood flow to the area. This will help stimulate those follicles!
- Minimise heat - we all know heat damages our hair, and excessive heat can lead to split ends. Again this can cause our locks to look as if they aren’t growing. A top tip for healthy hair growth is to use heat tools as little as possible.
- Avoid chemical treatments - chemicals like bleach and dye can cause hair damage, again impacting how our hair appears to be growing, as well as its overall quality and appearance.
- Use the right products - when our hair is cared for properly, we really give it a chance to grow and to shine. Finding the right formulas for your curly, wavy, or coily hair is essential.
Vitamins to Promote Healthy Hair Growth
Ensuring your body has the right nutrients to truly nourish the new hair it is growing is vital to achieve those results you wish to see. Much like other bodily processes, healthy hair growth relies on vitamins such as vitamin c, vitamin D, vitamin E, iron, zinc and so many more. For many it can be a challenge to incorporate the right amounts of these into your diet and lifestyle. Luckily, one easy tip for healthy hair growth is to take vitamins that are good for hair. This is a simple way to make sure you’re getting all the nutrients necessary for gorgeous locks!
Our Ultimate Lengths hair growth supplements combine a variety of nutrient rich ingredients to provide your body with everything it needs to grow healthy hair. This includes keratin, a protein that strengthens hair strands, as well as collagen that fights damage to the hair follicles and provides amino acids that can be used to build new hair. It also contains goji berry which is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants have multiple benefits to healthy hair growth, from aiding the blood vessels in the scalp as well as helping to maintain the collagen in the follicles. Our tip for seeing healthy hair growth with this method is to give it time, you can expect to see results within 8 to 12 weeks.
What Foods are Good for Healthy Hair Growth?
One top tip for healthy hair growth is ensuring your diet is focused on consuming the protein, nutrients and vitamins you need most to keep follicles working their best.
- Protein - Proteins can help with healthy hair growth. This is because the hair follicles are made primarily of protein, meaning you need to make sure your body gets enough to sustain them at their optimum. High protein foods such as eggs or chickpeas are a brilliant source of this essential nutrient.
- Omega 3 - Omega 3 has been linked to hair growth in a number of studies. Fatty fish is an excellent source of omega 3, as well as chia seas and edamame beans.
- Vitamins - Our bodies rely on a number of vitamins to sustain optimal function. Ensuring you eat a variety of fruit and vegetables will help your body and hair have all the vital nutrients it needs for growth.
- Antioxidants - Antioxidants help to fight against damage that can be caused to the hair follicles. Therefore, allowing the follicles to do their work and grow healthy hair. Foods such as seeds are a nutritious source of antioxidants.
The key tip for healthy hair growth when it comes to food, is to ensure you are eating a well balanced diet. Your hair, like the rest of your body, functions best when nourished with a range of nutrients.
Identifying the Best Products to Encourage Healthy Hair Growth
There are a number of things that could negatively impact hair growth. Identifying these issues is a primary tip in achieving healthy hair growth. Using the wrong products for your hair type is just one of these problems. From having a protein moisture imbalance, to scalp build up, ensuring your hair is well cared for will help you achieve the healthiest locks possible.
Another tip for healthy hair growth is to identify if your hair is in protein overload, or moisture overload and begin your journey to gorgeous locks by solving this issue. When suffering from damaged hair, you are more likely to suffer breakages, making your tresses appear as though they are not growing at all. When growing healthy hair you will want to focus on strength, after all, the longer your hair is the more chance it has to grow in length! Using a bond builder could help to restore the hair bonds that make up the structure of your strands, achieving beautiful healthy tresses.
Does a Healthy Scalp Promote Hair Growth?
As healthy hair growth starts at the scalp and in the follicles this is a key area to spend dedicated time. A top tip for healthy hair growth is to treat your scalp to a detox, clarifying the hair to remove any build up that could be inhibiting growth. Exfoliating the scalp is a brilliant way to do this. Whilst we don’t recommend using a harsh salt scrub on your head, a gentle exfoliant like our Wash & Scrub will gently remove build up, allowing your follicles and scalp to breathe.
What Makes Curlsmith Special?
We are a gourmet haircare brand designed with curls in mind. Created in collaboration with curly hair stylists, trichologists, and curly hair influencers, our vegan formulas focus on bringing solutions to curly problems. From our scalp line, to our moisture line, and our strength range, you’ll love the results our products bring to your locks!