What makes Curlsmith temporary hair colour different?
Unlike many other temporary hair colours, Curlsmith Hair Makeup is completely dye-free. This means that it doesn’t alter the chemical structure of the hair, it just sits on top of it without damaging it. The unique gel formula creates a film around the hair shaft that deposits the colour and locks it in place, defining the curl at the same time. It’s a 2 in 1, both a styling gel and a vibrant temporary colour. The pigment comes from Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, an alternative to mica that provides vibrant results but has a much more ethical production chain.
How do you apply Curlsmith temporary gel hair colour?
This temporary hair colour acts as a styler. You should apply it after your regular wash routine, on damp hair. If the hair is too wet, that may dilute the formula and not make it stand out enough. If the hair is too dry, it may provide a patchy, uneven application. Experiment on a smaller section until you find the perfect level of moisture for your hair needs. Make sure you use a leave-in conditioner before, to keep your strands moisturised. Rake the colour through the hair, and then finger coil each individual curl clump to achieve a more even colour. You can also add a bit more colour once the hair is dry to get some popping highlights.
What are the benefits of Curlsmith wash-off temporary hair colour?
Our temporary colour is pretty unique.
- Since it’s not a dye, the pigment washes off effortlessly with just one shampoo, and it won’t stain your skin or clothes.
- Once the hair is completely dry, the pigment is transfer resistant. You may see a few specks of glitters if you rub your hair against a fabric surface, but you can easily dust that off without residues.
- It’s easy to apply, just like a regular styling gel. You can also layer it for a stronger pop of colour.
- The gel format defines the curls and provides a strong hold (just like our In-Shower Style Fixer). Once the hair is fully dry, you can gently scrunch it to soften the cast and make your curls bouncy and soft.
- You can mix the shades to create custom hues or layer them for eye-catching looks like holographic or rainbow hair.
What hair types does Curlsmith temporary colour work on?
The gel texture is suitable for all curl types, from the loosest waves to the tightest coils. But surprisingly, it can also work on straight hair! You just need to brush it while drying to ensure the gel does not create a cast. Since the Hair Makeup doesn’t have to chemically alter the hair structure, this product can work on all different hair colours! It’s vibrant enough to show up on dark hair (yes, even black hair), and since it doesn’t contain any dyes it will not stain light hair (not even bleached blonde or white). The shades will look slightly different depending on the base colour, but you can achieve vibrant results regardless of where you start from. Check the product page for amazing before & after pictures!
Create your Curlsmith routine
Experimenting with temporary colour is a fun way to embrace your texture, but you shouldn’t forget regular care and styling to make your hair the best it can be. Explore the site to discover the best vegan and cruelty free products for your needs!